The University of Virginia Darden School of Business delivers the world’s best business education experience to prepare entrepreneurial, global and responsible business leaders through its MBA, Ph.D. and Executive Education programs. Darden educates leaders of exceptional talent and promise, so that they may achieve their full potential and step forward to improve the world.
As Darden competes for the best students, faculty and staff worldwide, we must reinforce the School’s shared values by presenting a clear, consistent identity as powerful as the educational experience we deliver.
Darden communications express a consistent look and feel described by the following principles:
- Bold – dramatic imagery and compelling headlines convey energy and excitement
- Unexpected – fresh; where tradition meets innovation; engaging, enlightening and interesting
- Real – connected to real business and commerce, real organizations and current global issues; active, embedded, finger on the pulse
- Relevant – newsy, recent and relevant; a sense of timeliness; an observing perspective
- Alive – dynamic, changing and organic; a sense of building and momentum
Desired Brand Perceptions
The following “About the University of Virginia Darden School of Business” text, or Darden boilerplate, is a 70-word overview of the School. This paragraph is included in all press releases and can be used in your communications for connection to the overall brand.
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business delivers the world’s best business education experience to prepare entrepreneurial, global and responsible leaders through its MBA, Ph.D. and Executive Education programs. Darden’s top-ranked faculty is renowned for teaching excellence and advances practical business knowledge through research. Darden was established in 1955 at the University of Virginia, a top public university founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819 in Charlottesville, Virginia.